The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 Brun Morgon

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: 2006 Brun Morgon

by Dale Williams » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 am

Last night Betsy made pork chops with a vinegar/cornichon/tomato/onion sauce, with leftover happiness soup and kabocha (squash two ways!). Not as vinegary as it sounds, a Burgundian recipe, but not something I wanted to chance a more expensive Burg on. So went south to Beaujolais for the 2006 JP Brun (Terres Dorees) Morgon. Light tannins, ripe red cherry and strawberry fruit, moderate acidity. Some light herb notes with time. A nice wine, though not particularly compelling. Which is what I'm beginning to think is my reaction to most of the Brun crus. I think from now on my buying of Brun will concentrate on the white and the L'Ancien, and I'll use my Cru Beaujolais bucks for Coudert, Descombes, Desvignes, Vissoux. Still, a perfectly pleasant wine.B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Mark S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:28 pm

CNY

Re: WTN: 2006 Brun Morgon

by Mark S » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Happiness soup?? It got a smile out of me :wink: