The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 La Posta Bonarda Estrela Armando Vineyard

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2006 La Posta Bonarda Estrela Armando Vineyard

by Oswaldo Costa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm

2006 La Posta Bonarda Estrela Armando Vineyard Mendoza 13.5%
The few Bonardas I've tried have not been memorable, so I was curious to try this highly-touted single vineyard example made under Laura Catena's auspices. Aromas of strawberry jam and oak vanilla. Good acid/fruit balance, light tannins, more cherry than strawberry on the palate. The alcohol is well integrated but the fruit tastes a bit too ripe for me, and the oak sticks out a bit too much. The acidity, though adequate, tastes discrete (in the mathematical sense) and feels poorly integrated. In short, I found no unprecedented or particular flavor that might characterize a Bonarda trademark and, perhaps more damningly, not much in the way of pleasure either. But Marcia liked it (she's more partial to the international style).
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: WTN: 2006 La Posta Bonarda Estrela Armando Vineyard

by Brian K Miller » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks, Oswaldo. I liked it more that you did, but as a simple slurper.
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach