The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Any TN's on this 05 Cal. Chardonnay?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

Any TN's on this 05 Cal. Chardonnay?

by Jim Grow » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:20 pm

I see from the search engine that only one note for a 2003 Merryvale Silhouette Chardonnay existed. I just bought a 2005 Merryvale Silhouette Chardonnay at a local grocery store for what I think is a good price (for Ohio) of $18, if you like your chards BIG, as I do. Does this beat the going price and anyone out there tasted this yet?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Any TN's on this 05 Cal. Chardonnay?

by Jenise » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:24 pm

Jim, are you sure that's not the Starmont? I had the Starmont earlier this year and thought it pretty good, not as big as some Cals but for me that was a good thing. Wouldn't be inclined to hold one very long, however.

As for price, I did a quick search on WineZap using just Merryvale and chardonnay, and they don't even list a Silhouette. Here are the results. Prices are all over the place: looks like your $18 is fairly median.

http://www.winezap.com/search/searchresults.cfm?searchtext=2005+Merryvale+Chardonnay&r=363667
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

by Jim Grow » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Jenise, definitely not the Starmont. I'll just have to try it soon before the sale ends. Thanks, Jim
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Jim Grow wrote:Hi Jenise, definitely not the Starmont. I'll just have to try it soon before the sale ends. Thanks, Jim

Jim,

That wine is listed by Merryvale in their prestige level, and the price is quoted as $45 per 750ml bottle.
Bob Henrick