The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Pink meat, pink wine

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Keith M

Rank

Beer Explorer

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 am

Finger Lakes, New York

WTN: Pink meat, pink wine

by Keith M » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:07 pm

I arrived home after a long day to find a feverish preparation in the works for an impromptu dinner of baked salmon, swiss chard, wild rice, carrots and so on. Though I had a Côt and a Beaujolais on hand which would've likely worked nicely, I used the unexpected change in my dinner plans as an excuse to sneak out to my local retailer for a suggestion. After a bit of discussion, I went for a bit of pink bubbly--lovely choice, matched everything but the carrots (but I've never had a wine that went well with carrots).

N.V. Lucien Albrecht Crémant d'Alsace Brut Rosé [100 percent Pinot Noir] (Crémant d'Alsace AOC, Alsace, northeastern France) sparkling wine cork closure with wire cage, 12% - imported to USA by Pasternak Wine Imports, Harrison, New York - smells like an herbal side of a strawberry, quite nice, mouthfeel firm, tiniest bit heavy, taste dark cherry, dirt, and fresh herbs, acidity quite good and very versatile, great match for salmon, sauteed squash and mushrooms, a delight at the table, if say 4 bucks cheaper, it might be welcome there more often, likable, refreshing and interesting, I paid $22 for it
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Pink meat, pink wine

by David M. Bueker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:17 pm

I think you will see the price of this wine come down over the next year or two as the dollar's renewed strength (or the euro's burgeoning weakness) and the economy take their toll.
Decisions are made by those who show up