The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

New Wine Accessory

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Ben Tex

Rank

Cellar rat

Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm

New Wine Accessory

by Ben Tex » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Greetings All & Happy Thanksgiving!

I asked Robin for his OK to post this announcement and he graciously complied. So here goes...I have developed a new wine accessory/gift item and have recently begun marketing it. It's currently "patent pending". Basically it sits atop a glass of wine being consumed outdoors and prevents entry by gnats and other pests, while still allowing the wine to breathe. You may learn more about it at http://www.wine-tapa.com. I learned a considerable amount about the pest issue from many of you who post on this site, so thank you very much.

Thanks Robin, and all the best to you all. I welcome your inquiries.

Sincerely,

Ben Singleton
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX
no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Re: New Wine Accessory

by Peter May » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 am

Ben Tex wrote: Basically it sits atop a glass of wine being consumed outdoors

Not only outdoors ......

Could have done with that at a winery tasting in Virginia recently -- the fruits flies were such a nuisance. We had to cover the classes with pieces of paper.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: New Wine Accessory

by Jenise » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Very handy, Ben! We've resorted to plastic pet food can lids--they don't allow the wine to breath, but at least they keep the bugs out.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov