The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Introducing the locals to fine wine.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom NJ

Rank

That awful Tom fellow

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Northerm NJ, USA

Introducing the locals to fine wine.

by Tom NJ » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 am

Tough to say which is my favorite sentence in this story, "currently the only wine combination which contains the shimmering compound developed by the Gallo Company", "at its best when served the coldest", or "(the locals) appeared grateful".

The picture says a lot, too. You can tell the Gallo guy knows he's sold his soul, and you can also tell the dumpy local lady is all too used to drinking wine out of plastic tumblers.

This is right down the street from where I live. I wish I'd known it was going on. So I could have moved.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/business/wine-tasting-held-at-highland-lakes-general-store-1.1067960

I just realized: are those CORKS in those bottles? Please tell me they're screw caps under the foil....

"He ordered as one to the Menu born...."
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Introducing the locals to fine wine.

by Jenise » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:45 am

"while Highland Lakes’ Noreen Hibbits liked the nice taste"

Obviously, correspondent Janet is a southern girl, because when a southern girl can't find anything nicer to say than 'nice', it's as good as dead. OR, other option: she has no imagination.

"Wynne looked grateful for the opportunity to meet residents and have them taste test the new product."

The word 'grateful' again. I guess that cinches the imagination option.

I think you need to move. Not because they sell Viniq (why does this sound to me like a feminine hygience product?), but just to get out of this correspondent's range of influence.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Steve Slatcher

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:51 am

Manchester, England

Re: Introducing the locals to fine wine.

by Steve Slatcher » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Clever name. Viniq is to wine, as Diamondique is to Diamond.

And very forward thinking for Patty to bring her own spittoon.