The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Some Recent Notable Wines...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Some Recent Notable Wines...

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Over the past few days we have enjoyed baked chicken with '11 Louis Chavey "Bourgogne Grand Ordinaire" (a pinot noir/gamay blend), always a nice bottle.
We enjoyed the Lucien-Albrecht Cremant d'Alsace Rose' at our daughters wedding, along with the '11 Cuvee Saigne'e Chinon, this was delightful and people enjoyed the fact that it was not only good but interesting and new to them. We also served the '11 DuBeouf Moulin-a-Vent (Flower Label) which was a hit, as well as the '13 La Cabriole Rose', Saumur, probably the crowd favorite. Good luck on finding this one.
Tonight we had '12 Cht Palene Bordeaux Blanc with appetizers. An easy drinking balanced wine and at $10 is a huge value (Total Wine), followed by the '13 Clean Slate Riesling (Mosel) another easy choice, $9. Served with baked cod with a corn cake and a "green sauce". Then I opened an '11 Saget La Perriere, Marie de Beauregard, Chinon. A more Burgundian style, reflecting the leaner vintage but still Chinon, lighter is style but captivating.
The star of the show was the Berlucchi '61 Rose' (Franciacorta) served with tiramisu, but was well above average in it's own right. They might be getting closer in this "Champagne Look-a-Like" region of Italy.
On two different occasions with grass-fed beef: '09 Conetable de Talbot (second wine of Talbot), this was very enjoyable after a 2 hour decant. Nice potential here.
And earlier we enjoyed (as usual) the '04 Sociando-Mallet, Haut Medoc, after a decant this was in full bloom. You can wait if you like, but it is as good as it will get right now, as a lot of the '04's are.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: Some Recent Notable Wines...

by JC (NC) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding.
no avatar
User

Tim York

Rank

Wine guru

Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

near Lisieux, France

Re: Some Recent Notable Wines...

by Tim York » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Some "fun" wines there, Richard. And your daughter's wedding sounds nicely arrosé, as is fitting :D .

I have a feeling that I may have seen the Sociando-Mallet '04 in one of the Foires aux Vins at a price between 25 & 30€. I'll get out my catalogues and, if it's there, it sounds as if I should go for it :) .
Tim York