The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2011 Robert Biale Vineyards Monte Rosso Zinfandel

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

WTN: 2011 Robert Biale Vineyards Monte Rosso Zinfandel

by JC (NC) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Sonoma Valley, CA. 15.8% abv. Dark purple coloration with viscosity. This wine could be described as sweet (a product of the ripe dark berries) or sweet! for the immediate pleasure it gives the drinker. Succulent ripe berries. It carries the high alcohol fairly well but is not everyone's style. I opened this to decide if I want to order the Biale Monte Rosso in the latest vintage to be made available on the mailing list. I am trying to cut back on wine orders, but if I place an order with Biale, I may include the Monte Rosso.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2011 Robert Biale Vineyards Monte Rosso Zinfandel

by Jenise » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:36 am

I was staring at the '12 Biales yesterday at Total Wine: they had the Black Chicken, the MR, and a third one that was also a Napa (vs. Sonoma like the Monte Rosso). I ended up passing because of the high alcohols, actually. Price there around $40-45, variously, if you'd like a comparison.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov