The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Meyer-Fonne Muscat '18....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Meyer-Fonne Muscat '18....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 am

Had this last night for DinDin:
1. Meyer-Fonne Muscat Vignoble de Katzenthal (13%; Vin Sec; Kermit Lynch/Berkeley; MeBalP) Francois et Felix Meyer/Katzenthal 2018: Med.gold color; strong spicy/muscatty/floral/gardenias slight mineral/perfumed talc/bit chalky some complex quite aromatic nose; fairly tart/tangy/slight metallic fairly strong/muscatty/floral/gardenias/spicy bit chalky/perfumed talc totally dry some complex flavor; long perfumed/muscatty finish that follows flavor w/ a trace of bitterness in the backtaste; shows lots of evolution & complexity for a Muscat; quite a lovely wine & fairly priced. $32.00 (SFW&S)
1. Alsatian Muscats I'm generally not very fond of. They usually have lots of in-your-face Muscatty character & a bit on the simple side...all muscat & nothing else. This one actually shows some evolution & complexity and the muscatty character is more of a side-note. One of the best Alsatian Muscats I can recall. This is my Easter white & should pair well w/ our Easter ham.
Tom
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Meyer-Fonne Muscat '18....(short/boring)

by David M. Bueker » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:41 pm

Sounds delicious.

I will say that I love that Muscat character to be front and center. Same with Gewurztraminer. If it’s going to be aromatic then go all the way.
Decisions are made by those who show up