Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

HELP! New Englanders, New Jersey folks, and Philly people...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

HELP! New Englanders, New Jersey folks, and Philly people...

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:04 pm

My boss has tasked me with trying to find private dining facilities for small groups (6-8 people) in the following cities:

New Haven, CT
Hartford, CT
Philadelphia, PA
Morristown, NJ

He prefers a private room in a restaurant, but realizes we may have to resort to hotel space if we can't find anything. I'm having a HECK of a time finding restaurants w/ small, private rooms like this. Some of these meetings will be lunch, some dinner.

Anyone out there know of any in these areas??

As always, thanks!
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

Re: HELP! New Englanders, New Jersey folks, and Philly people...

by Maria Samms » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Hey K! I live in Morristown, NJ! What kind of food are you looking for?
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Maria Samms wrote:Hey K! I live in Morristown, NJ! What kind of food are you looking for?

You know, nothing too adventurous...probably just a steakhouse, or seafood or something like that. Or italian. Thanks!
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:27 pm

Maria Samms wrote:Hey K! I live in Morristown, NJ!

Our condolences. :cry:
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:38 pm

OK...here are some suggestions...if you have any Q's let me know.

1. Rod's Steak House - This restaurant is part of the Madison Hotel (where hubby and I had a wedding reception...LOL!) is Convent Station (which is Morristown). Decent food...a little pricey, I am not sure if they have a private dining area, but they are a place that people often have business meeting lunches and dinners. Here is the website:

http://www.rodssteak-seafoodgrill.com/history.html

2. Pierre's - My favorite restaurant! It's French, not too pricey with a great wine bar and is set up so there are more private dining sections. Here is the website:

http://pierresbistro.com/

3. Famished Frog - This is a "Family" kind of restaurant...menu is burgers/pasta etc...for ok, not pricey, definitely has a private section...it's located in downtown Morristown. Here's the website:

http://www.famishedfrog.com/

4. Pazzo Pazzo - Italian - I haven't been here yet, but heard good things about it...here's the website:

http://www.pazzopazzo.com/subcat.php?ca ... =menuitem1

5. Sebatian's Steakhouse - I haven't been here either, but it's my dentist favorite restaurant. Here's the website:

http://www.ardore.com/listing.asp?r=seb ... u=all&df=1

See if any of those would be good for your group...Here is a list of some more Morristown restaurants by cuisine...if you want to know about those, let me know.

http://www.morristown-nj.org/rclist.html

HTH! Let me know what you decide!
Last edited by Maria Samms on Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:41 pm

Maria - thanks so much for all the suggestions and links/info! I'll look into them and let you know what we go with. I know they've eaten at Rod's before, but like you said...not sure about the private room setup. Your favorite - the french restaurant - sounds like it might be a good option!
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm

I added another Steakhouse as well K...but I haven't eaten there so can't say...
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:57 pm

Oh...and as far as Italian places...I haven't eaten at any in Morristown. Since I am Italian, I rarely eat at Italian places, and when I do, it's usually in my hometown of Caldwell, NJ (or I would go to NYC).