Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Truffle Festival in Alba, Italy

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

Truffle Festival in Alba, Italy

by Paulo in Philly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:28 am

I do not know who this man is, but he has an interesting website with a lot of beautiful photos of food from various countries, especially Italy. I just about had a religious experience looking at his pictures from the 2007 Truffle Festival in Alba, Italy! Make sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page!

http://www.ciaoadriano.com/Europe%20200 ... a_2007.htm
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

Re: Truffle Festival in Alba, Italy

by Stuart Yaniger » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:31 am

I've gone there a few times. Fabulous, especially if you have someone local to bargain for you with the proper Albese imprecations. The aroma as you approach is unbelievable. Our old WLDG friend Theresa Regli was there this week; she told me that she found a superb specimen at about half what it would have cost in the US, and some porcini as well (I'll leave out her description of the size).
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:48 am

Paulo - I looked at the pages and my mouth is watering - have to go make breakfast, and wishing I had some white truffle for my eggs! Thanks for the link.
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Philadelphia, PA

by Paulo in Philly » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:59 am

Bill Spohn wrote:Paulo - I looked at the pages and my mouth is watering - have to go make breakfast, and wishing I had some white truffle for my eggs! Thanks for the link.

I suffer from the same ailment, Bill!!! I just have never seen such great pictures of truffles!!! I am glad, however, that I will be in Italy for 8 days in January to appease at least some of my cravings! :shock:
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Philadelphia, PA

by Paulo in Philly » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:02 am

Stuart Yaniger wrote:I've gone there a few times. Fabulous, especially if you have someone local to bargain for you with the proper Albese imprecations. The aroma as you approach is unbelievable. Our old WLDG friend Theresa Regli was there this week; she told me that she found a superb specimen at about half what it would have cost in the US, and some porcini as well (I'll leave out her description of the size).

How wonderful that you have been there and smelled the aroma, Stuart, lucky dog, you!!! 8) I'll get there some day, but for now I will be savoring Siena and the Chianti Classico in January! I have had lots of Umbrian truffle, both black and white - hmmmmmmmmmm!!! 8)
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:42 am

Stuart Yaniger wrote:Theresa Regli was there this week; she told me that she found a superb specimen at about half what it would have cost in the US, and some porcini as well (I'll leave out her description of the size).

Oh don't be a spoilsport, Stuart. Theresa's descriptions are usually worth their weight in truffle. :)
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial