Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Has anyone ordered from Rossi Pasta? Like their products?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Has anyone ordered from Rossi Pasta? Like their products?

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

I want to send a gift basket to my daughter in Ohio and their product catalog looks inviting.
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: Has anyone ordered from Rossi Pasta? Like their products?

by Carrie L. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 am

Karen, I don't think I've ever tried Rossi's Pasta. The gift baskets look nice though. I'm on a mad hunt in the desert for Cipriani, our favorite pasta. I got spoiled in Pinehurst because they carry it at Fresh Market (the closest grocery store to our house) for $5.99 for 12 oz. Sounds like a lot but well worth it. Especially since in the desert, I had been purchasing it at Williams-Sonoma for $11.99. Well, now I'm back in CA and of course WS no longer carries it! I tried Bristol Farms and they don't have it either, but one of the helpful store clerks talked me into Rustichella D' Abruzzo and I think it's awful. I tried both the spaghetti and fettucine. Even cooking it minutes beyond the suggested "done" time, they are gummy on the outside and still quite hard inside. Oh where oh where is the Cipriani?

Edited to add this link for you. I just found they have a gift basket you may want to check out.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Carrie, I was dismayed to be straightening up in the pantry just now and realize that I have two cartons of that d'Abruzzo pasta you don't like, two different shapes. One looks handrolled (strazzacelli), the other's definitely an extruded shape (fusilli con buco)--hopefully, one is better than the other and they're not a total loss.
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Jenise, I'll be very curious to learn whether you have the same experience as me. Make it soon, okay? :)
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Carrie L. wrote:Jenise, I'll be very curious to learn whether you have the same experience as me. Make it soon, okay? :)

I have bought this pasta and liked it very much. It is good with heavier sauces and more ingredients such as veggies. The kitchen shop I buy from carries it and it sells fast.