Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Andouille

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Andouille

by Paul Winalski » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:26 am

So where's the best source for Cajun Andouille sausage by mail-order? I live in New England, and you just can't find the stuff fresh.

-Paul W.
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

Re: Andouille

by ChefJCarey » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 am

Paul Winalski wrote:So where's the best source for Cajun Andouille sausage by mail-order? I live in New England, and you just can't find the stuff fresh.

-Paul W.

Jacob's
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 am

Paul Winalski wrote:So where's the best source for Cajun Andouille sausage by mail-order? I live in New England, and you just can't find the stuff fresh.

No personal testimony, but these folks have a good reputation and seem to run a well-administered E-tail site for Cajun dishes (including all manner of andouille), and they're based in Lafayette, La., in the heart of Acadiana.

CajunGrocer.com
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:51 pm

I have used the Cajungrocer.com and have not been dissatisfied yet. I just got some spam (email type) from them yesterday for a turducken, someday I just might. Here are some other sources.

Meats and Sausages

Bourgeois Meat Market, 543 West Main Street, Thibodaux, LA 70301. (985) 447-7128.
Owned and run by the same family since 1891, makers of boudin, andouille, cracklins, hog's head cheese, smoked sausage and jerky. Nationwide shipping.

Comeaux's, 2807 Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette, LA. (800) 323-2492.
Andouille, tasso, boudin, hogshead cheese, etc.

Chef John Folse and Company, (800) 256-2433.
Owned and operated by Chef John Folse, of Lafitte's Landing Restaurant in Donaldsonville, LA. Andouille, tasso, smoked sausage, spicy turkey, etc.

Jacob's World-Famous Andouille, 505 West Airline Hwy., LaPlace, LA 70068. Tel. (985) 652-9080. Toll Free (877) 215-7589.
From LaPlace, LA, the "Andouille Capital of the World". Also serving hog's head cheese, boudin, tasso, smoked sausage, fresh sausage, smoked chickens and more. "Your satisfaction is always guaranteed."

Kliebert's Alligator and Turtle Farm, Springfield, LA. (504) 345-3617
Near Hammond, they sell and ship good, clean alligator and turtle meat.

K-Paul's Cajun Sausages, (800) 654-6017
Andouille, tasso. Chef Paul Prudhomme.

Poche's Market, 3015-A Main Hwy., Breaux Bridge, LA 70517. Tel. (337) 332-2108, Fax (337) 332-5051.
Gumbo Pages reader and Baton Rouge expat Randy Wright reports: "They ship great made on site goodies -- cracklin, boudin, andouille, tasso, and the best fresh chaurice on the planet. The smoked is good, but get the fresh and grill it with some nice vegatables and a little black beans. You'll drive southern calafornia inta da swamps wit dis one, man. It also will put an incredible creamy mouth on a gumbo if added about 20min from serving. It really is great, and their prices are reasonable as well. The chaurice is 6.19/lb delivered to you; they have a 10 lb. minimum, but you can mix products and they are all great."

All of the above can be found at http://www.gumbopages.com/food/sources.html
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

by Paul Winalski » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Thanks, Bob.

I've been getting my andouille from K-Paul's up to now. I've been satisfied with the results, but I was wondering about alternative sources.

I love The Gumbo Pages. Haven't visited in a while. It's time to check them out again.

-Paul W.