Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Bill Spencer rocks!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Bill Spencer rocks!

by Mike Filigenzi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 am

A couple of days ago, a friend of our brought over a grocery bag full of Meyer lemons from his tree. And then yesterday, our next door neighbors brought over a big bag of lemons from their tree. First thing I did was make lemon sorbet. And then I checked out Bill's recipe site (right here).

I made the Slow-roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken this evening and it was excellent. The chicken came out moist and tender, with an abundance of pan sauce that was delicious on mashed potatoes.

I have a feeling I'll be making a few other things from his site in the near future.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Re: Bill Spencer rocks!

by Bill Spencer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:23 am

%^)

Thanks ! :oops:

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Hey, did you just discover his site?
I have two five gallon buckets of lemons I just picked off my tree this afternoon. We are having lemon marinated rib-eye, a spinach salad with creamy lemon vinaigrette from Bill's recipes. That guy knows what to do with lemons!
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:47 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:Hey, did you just discover his site?
I have two five gallon buckets of lemons I just picked off my tree this afternoon. We are having lemon marinated rib-eye, a spinach salad with creamy lemon vinaigrette from Bill's recipes. That guy knows what to do with lemons!

I knew about the site but hadn't really cooked from it before (although I may have made a recipe or two that Bill posted on the FLDG). But when I found myself with many, many lemons I knew exactly where to go.

Lemon marinated ribeye sounds great!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

by Bill Spencer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:19 am

Mike Filigenzi wrote:... (although I may have made a recipe or two that Bill posted on the FLDG)...

%^)

Actually all 70 lemon recipes on my website have been posted at one time or another on FLDG ... some/most on the old site, a couple on the Netscape site, and some on this newest site ... I also used to post on Brad's board but there is so little traffic on the Food board I am more comfortable in this community having people to talk to ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html