Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Internet shopping vs. brick n' mortar

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Re: Internet shopping vs. brick n' mortar

by Larry Greenly » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Even morons and chatterboxes need jobs. It's altruism, I guess. If big biz had its way, no one would be hired and customers would have to wander around employee-less stores fending for themselves (which they almost do now). Different strokes, I suppose, but there were some stressful times in my life when I had no job and no income. Not fun.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:That's why I won't use those do-it-yourself checkouts, which is just another way to hire fewer people.

Here's a better idea, Larry: Use the checkouts for the good reasons that Stuart and Jenise have mentioned ... but at the same time, stick it in the eye of Stuart and his fellow bloated plutocrats by avoiding non-union stores. ;)
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm not bloated!!!
:lol:
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:59 pm

"I love them for the same reasons (they can be a pain when you have lots of produce, though, which I usually do), plus, it's a machine, and I love operating machines. Lot more fun than just standing there while the checker does all the work."

We don't have them in food stores here yet, but they are great at Home Depot and Lowes -- fast, accurate, fun, really. Leaves the checkout people free to tell me where to find stuff.

I can't wait for the food stores to install them -- I would change just for that if quality was acceptable.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote:I'm not bloated!!!
:lol:

It's a metaphorical thing ... ;)
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Beans tonight, so catch me later, I'll definitely be bloated. No metaphor, just methane. :wink:
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
Previous