Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Recipe Reports: Jenise's Gorgonzola Cheesecake and Cynthia's Mexican Bars

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TraciM

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Oakland, Ca

Recipe Reports: Jenise's Gorgonzola Cheesecake and Cynthia's Mexican Bars

by TraciM » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:05 pm

These are both terrific recipes and were HUGE crowd pleasers at a party on Sunday.

Gorgonzola Cheesecake with Polenta Crust: My only deviation from the recipe is that I baked the cake in a 13x9. I wanted little squares I could serve on a big platter. Apparently, the host of the party had one of the only three squares left for breakfast on Monday and they were still tasting when I sampled one last night.

Quiet Little Mexican Bar: I had a hard time finding pasilla molido, so I used chili powder. No problem. The little kick is so fun and the cocoa nibs add a terrific texture. They were gobbled up!

Thanks, ladies!
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Re: Recipe Reports: Jenise's Gorgonzola Cheesecake and Cynthia's Mexican Bars

by Bill Spencer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:51 am

%^)

Funny ... while Kathleen was doing the prep work for the Bourbon-Glazed Salmon last night, she was making Jenise's savory cheesecake for an open house we're throwing on the 29th in celebration of all three of our boys being home for a couple days for the first time in over a decade ... this savory cheesecake is without a doubt the BEST savory cheesecake I've ever eaten ...

Can't even begin to imagine what my palate would be missing if I hadn't got to know Jenise (and so many of you others) on FLDG !

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Recipe Reports: Jenise's Gorgonzola Cheesecake and Cynthia's Mexican Bars

by Jenise » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:07 pm

Traci, I'd forgotten ALL about that recipe! But how perfect that you brought it up, because I need something for next week, and that will be perfect. Thanks. I think I'll go get the recipe and reprint it here--that was on old FLDG, right?