Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

WOLL Wok

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

WOLL Wok

by Celia » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 pm

I am married to the nicest guy alive. Today is our 19th wedding anniversary, and he was listening to me recount how I'd posted about the WOLL pans, and how happy I was with them, etc. And how we should figure out a way to export them to North America. :)

Anyway, he comes home today and surprises me with a WOLL Wok !!!! Aaaahhh !!! The screaming has only just died down ! And the owner of the kitchen store sent home chocolates as an anniversary present too !

I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I'm having !

Cheers, Celia

WOLL wok.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: WOLL Wok

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:48 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Congratulations to both of you. :D

Why didn't you tell your chat buddies it was such a momentous day, Celia?!
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:32 am

Thanks girlfriend. I wasn't awake enough this morning to mention anything ! :D
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:10 am

Oh, so it is okay to give my wife household stuff for an anniversary? I've always been told that's a no-no.
Great - there's this terrific vaccum cleaner I've had my eye on.

Happy anniversary, Celia. Nice wok.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:28 am

Congrats, Celia. But I thought I was the nicest guy. Oh, well...

John, a bit o' advice. The first year of our marriage, I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner for Xmas. Big mistake! I thought it was like a guy getting tools. Wrong! Almost 41 years later, she still remembers that. I'm lucky I survived the wrath of Edith (a good movie title).
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

by Sue Courtney » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Congrats Celia - neat present! Clever guy your Pete!

John Tomasso wrote:Oh, so it is okay to give my wife household stuff for an anniversary? I've always been told that's a no-no.

John, you speak in jest, I'm sure, but listen up all you guys ...... there's house hold stuff that's okay in some situations - e.g Celia's Wok, but you have to know your wife well and read the situation.
Then there's household stuff that's definitely not OK, like something to clean with for a wedding anniversary!!!!!! Never, never, never. And committing the sin on a first wedding anniversary - Larry, I'm not surprised she doesn't let you forget it. :roll:
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:The first year of our marriage, I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner for Xmas.

I guess the honeymoon was officially over right then!

Things like Celia's wok, or other very nice kitchenwares, are perfectly fine if the lady in question is a cook! I have always appreciated receiving gifts like that because it's something I do. I love the mandoline I was given for Christmas, and it's not something I would have purchased for myself.

However, cleaning equipment is only ok if it's something the lady in question has been hinting about near a gift-giving occasion.... and then it's still not the optimum choice! :D
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:22 pm

John Tomasso wrote:Oh, so it is okay to give my wife household stuff for an anniversary? I've always been told that's a no-no.

Happy anniversary, Celia. Nice wok.

Ahh, you see John, there lies the difference. You have your eye on the vacuum cleaner, I had my eye on the wok. Now if you WIFE was drooling over the vac, THAT would be a different thing. Mind you, I DID get a vacuum cleaner once, but it was a robot, and just so darn cool. AND it was bought to save me work, not make more work for me ! :)

Thank you all for your kind wishes ! Larry, you're the second nicest guy, but hey, I'm biased. :D

Celia

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

by Jo Ann Henderson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm

A BIG Congratulations, Celia. :D Anniversaries are very important because they take so much work to get one under your belt. I must be married to your nice guy twin -- because my guy is truly special, indeed.
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks Jo Ann. Nice to hear that your guy is wonderful too ! :)

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial