Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

That was fun

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

That was fun

by Howard » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Last Wednesday my 18 year old daughter had 4 friends over for "girls night". I made a couple of batches of pasta dough, showed them how to roll it and cut it in the Atlas machine and set them to work while I made a sausage/wine/tomato sauce and a veggie/white wine/cream finished sauce. Baguettes were warm out of the oven. Everybody had a great time and a good meal as far as I could tell. Think I'd like to do that again with some of Sandy and my friends sometime.
Howard
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: That was fun

by Carrie L. » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Howard, I know your daughter's friends must be envious of her cool dad. Sounds like a great evening regardless of age.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Chicago

by Howard » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:22 pm

She hangs out with a good group of kids. I'll miss her and them a lot next year when she goes off to college.
Howard
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Howard wrote:She hangs out with a good group of kids. I'll miss her and them a lot next year when she goes off to college.
Will she be going to college near her sister, so you'll have to travel through here again? If so, let me know. I enjoyed our last get-together.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Chicago

by Howard » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 pm

ACtually she will, Howie. She's going to UVM. We'll have to get together again. Absolutely!!
Howard
no avatar
User

Celia

Rank

Village Baker

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Great Southern Land

by Celia » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Fantastic, Howard ! Your daughter's lucky to have a dad who will do that with her ! :)
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Fig Jam and Lime Cordial