Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Dessert: Pie in the sky?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Dessert: Pie in the sky?

by Larry Greenly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Or, "which way to the restroom?" http://www.dinnerinthesky.com
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Dessert: Pie in the sky?

by Jenise » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Somehow eating dinner with a seatbelt on isn't my idea of dining. I have a hard enough time with the darned things in my car!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:15 pm

But the only reason I'm still here to harrass you is that I installed seatbelts 45 years ago in a car that didn't have them. :)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:But the only reason I'm still here to harrass you is that I installed seatbelts 45 years ago in a car that didn't have them. :)

And we are so glad!!! (Hugs, kisses.) They are neccessary, but also a neccessary evil. In Alaska I once witnessed a car in my rear view mirror somersault several times before flipping out into an open field where it landed upright, luckily, sans all doors and windows. It was just a carcass, but the front seat was still in it and the driver was still in that front seat thanks to her seatbelt. No doubt it saved her life. I try to remember that every time I am tempted to leave my seat belt off until I get to the freeway. When is some genius going to invent one that's actually comfortable?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

by Redwinger » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Jenise wrote:
Larry Greenly wrote:But the only reason I'm still here to harrass you is that I installed seatbelts 45 years ago in a car that didn't have them. :)

And we are so glad!!! (Hugs, kisses.) They are neccessary, but also a neccessary evil. In Alaska I once witnessed a car in my rear view mirror somersault several times before flipping out into an open field where it landed upright, luckily, sans all doors and windows. It was just a carcass, but the front seat was still in it and the driver was still in that front seat thanks to her seatbelt. No doubt it saved her life. I try to remember that every time I am tempted to leave my seat belt off until I get to the freeway. When is some genius going to invent one that's actually comfortable?

Seat belts are good things. yesterday my sister-in-law was driving the Subaru pictured in the link. Not a scratch although she wasn't fond of being suspended upside down.
http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2008/03/07/news/04rollover.txt
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Wow! She was traveling down Highway 61!
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:04 pm

While unusual, this would not be my idea of fun. I would not be comfortable.....what if someone had to use the restroom? Pesky bugs, sudden gusts, hot sun, no waiter to refill my glass or complain to. Nope - not at all fun.