Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Eric Ripert spends $40 at Jack's, makes food

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Eric Ripert spends $40 at Jack's, makes food

by Jenise » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Here's a fun article from today's NYTimes, wherein they challenged one of this country's most praised chefs, Eric Ripert of New York's Le Bernardin, to create new dishes out of food purchased at a Jack in the Box. Have to say, thouugh, Jack in the Box must be a very different restaurant in NY than here (crab cakes? wild salmon?).

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/dining/26nside.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

Re: Eric Ripert spends $40 at JackInTheBox, makes food

by John Tomasso » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Not Jack in the Box. The Jack's in the story is a 99 cent store. A very successful 99 cent store.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:27 pm

I saw that article this morning. All I have to say is that their $0.99 store is WAY more upscale than ours.

Still a very entertaining read, though.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:59 pm

John Tomasso wrote:Not Jack in the Box. The Jack's in the story is a 99 cent store. A very successful 99 cent store.

I read every word, I swear! Guess I got it into my head wrong in the first place and nothing I read after that dissuaded me!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov