Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

A Potentially Dangerous Question

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 pm

NJ

Re: A Potentially Dangerous Question

by Frank Deis » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:55 pm

I am a good Google searcher and I was sure I would find the source of this.

My suspicion is that it's either from The Simpsons or Seinfeld. But I can't prove it. I believe it is fatherly advice to a son:

"Never cook bacon naked!"

I have to admit that I understand perfectly why this is such good advice.

I wish I could report that my wife does this sort of thing. There is something extra sensual about a cute naked lady in the kitchen.

Unfortunately I think I'm probably the only hippy in my family...

F
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:23 pm

Frank Deis wrote:I am a good Google searcher and I was sure I would find the source of this.

My suspicion is that it's either from The Simpsons or Seinfeld. But I can't prove it. I believe it is fatherly advice to a son:

"Never cook bacon naked!"

I have to admit that I understand perfectly why this is such good advice.

I wish I could report that my wife does this sort of thing. There is something extra sensual about a cute naked lady in the kitchen.

Unfortunately I think I'm probably the only hippy in my family...

F

Frank, there's a book called Don't Fry Bacon Naked, By Joyce Edie illustrated by by Sunshine Didra, ISBN 1887308016, published 1995. Goes for a couple of bucks on Alibris.

In 1994 the same team published Live Chickens Don't Do Backflips

I was able to find a review of "Big Brother", the TV show from 2000, which mentions Edie:

The editing isn't as fancy as on "Survivor," and the theme song is painfully awful. (What, the Rembrandts were too busy coasting on the success of their "Friends" jingle to put something together for "Big Brother"?) The show may lack quality, but it more than makes up for it in quantity. It's online all the time, it's on TV almost every night-and let's face it, we're in no position to be choosy. It's either "Big Brother" or "Dawson's Creek."

Ah, I knew you'd see it my way.

Don't be intimidated about tuning in late. The stripper, the militant and the disgruntled housewife already have been voted out, so don't worry about them. I hope we've all learned by now that if they're not on TV, they're not important.

Here's what you need to know about the survivors, one of whom will be ejected on tonight's live episode.

Brittany: The virgin with variously hued hair is a self-professed "cuddle slut." She is insane.

Jamie: The beauty queen everyone calls "Hollywood," Jamie is determined to maintain her wholesome image. I can't wait for her breakdown.

Cassandra: Boring.

Curtis: Boring.

Josh: The smarmy heartbreaker could be overcompensating for something.

George: The blue-collar family man spends a lot of time with the chickens. He let Brittany dye his hair. The guy is about to crack up.

Eddie: If Eddie starts a religion, I'm joining. At 21, he's the youngest inmate, and the wisest. He lost a leg to cancer and is given to profound statements ("Don't be a hater," "Don't fry bacon when you're naked").

The biggest complaint about "Big Brother" is that nothing ever happens. No hot coals to walk on, no spear competition. The producers try to mix it up with weeklong challenges for the housemates; one involved dominoes. It was not a memorable moment.

But that's missing the point. There's not going to be any sex or violence, although I'm pretty sure there'll be straitjackets. The real drama is to be found in small moments, when the Seven are doing the "boring" things that usually don't end up on television. For instance, once Josh was primping in the bathroom before dinner. The way he looked at himself in the mirror was more chilling than that scene in "Apocalypse Now" when Martin Sheen admired himself in a hotel room, naked, drunk and bleeding.

By Nielsen standards, the only time something interesting happened on "Big Brother" came when a renegade airplane trailed a banner above the house that read, "BIG BROTHER IS WORSE THAN YOU THINK-GET OUT NOW." But the housemates stayed put, and I kept watching. Because the banner is exactly wrong. "Big Brother" is better than you think.
no avatar
User

Jon Peterson

Rank

The Court Winer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm

The Blue Crab State

by Jon Peterson » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:13 am

I tell ya' - leave it to this group to generate well over 200 views and 25 replies in less than a day on this topic.
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Jenise wrote:Cute butt, though, wouldn't you agree? :wink:

Go ahead, give it a kiss.
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Linda R. (NC) wrote:Why would one do that :?:

Good question Linda. Sounds a bit stupid to me. Nakedness is IMO for the bedroom, or the shower.
Bob Henrick
Previous