Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Do you make Sunday breakfast?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Linda R. (NC)

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

North Carolina

Re: Do you make Sunday breakfast?

by Linda R. (NC) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Furthermore, since you are hating to see comments polluted with spurious adjectives and gratuitous adverbs, may I tell you that I am hating to see words in your comments that I consider "bad" words like goddamn. For the record, I am serious.

Karen, I quite agree with you. I think we all have valuable contributions to make to this on-line community. I do not, however, think these contributions are, in any way, enhanced by the "bad words". I am in complete agreement with the whole "freedom of speech" thing, and I understand that is just part of some people's personalities. I think, however, we need to consider the global reach of this forum and continue to rein in the profanities.
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

by ChefJCarey » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Sometimes bad words are good words. And, quite often I find that good words are bad words.

I am, of course, talking about writing skills, word choice and diction (somewhat repetitive there I realize.)

I actually enjoy reading Shakespeare, Twain, Chaucer, Joyce et al. - all purveyors of judiciously placed "bad" words.

Of course, many folks elect not to have these volumes on their bookshelves and that is their right.

I think there's a button here which you can use to make me (forgive me Henrik) An Enemy of the People. - the consequence of which will be that I am removed from your virtual shelf. And placed in your virtual trash. I can live with that.

That should solve your problem.

Of course if we're talking religion, that's another matter entirely...
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Well, to tell the truth, I think Joseph was talking about menu and marketing terms, not the concept of using good ingredients in breakfast. I don't like 'em myself (the menu terms!), especially at the typical dreary chain with dreary food. "Farm Frsh," indeed! Only if you call a chemical factory in New Jersey a "farm."
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote:Well, to tell the truth, I think Joseph was talking about menu and marketing terms, not the concept of using good ingredients in breakfast. I don't like 'em myself (the menu terms!), especially at the typical dreary chain with dreary food. "Farm Frsh," indeed! Only if you call a chemical factory in New Jersey a "farm."

Agreed.

Most often, the places that need to tout these adjectives/claims are the furthest thing from actually presenting the real food.

"Gourmet" is another big warning sign.
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Robert J. wrote:
Mike Filigenzi wrote:We basically don't do breakfast. I don't eat it at all and my wife just has cereal. Once in a while, we'll make a batch of waffles but that's about it.

It's no wonder you look like a sick cat that throws up hairballs.

rwj

That's because of what I drink in the evening, not what I eat in the morning!
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Ron C

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:17 pm

by Ron C » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Sunday is omelette (did I spell that right?) day. I used to regularly make bacon and eggs, but the screaming arteries convinced me to give that up. Egg Beaters aren't that bad once you get used to them.
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

by Robert J. » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote:Well, to tell the truth, I think Joseph was talking about menu and marketing terms, not the concept of using good ingredients in breakfast. I don't like 'em myself (the menu terms!), especially at the typical dreary chain with dreary food. "Farm Frsh," indeed! Only if you call a chemical factory in New Jersey a "farm."

Heck, I thought it was obvious.

rwj
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Stuart Yaniger wrote: Only if you call a chemical factory in New Jersey a "farm."

HEY HEY HEY...New Jerseyian here! Heck, Stuart, we ARE the Garden State :lol:
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

by Stuart Yaniger » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Yes, I noticed those gardens while driving up and down the Turnpike. Big metal ones with all sorts of interesting colors of smoke... uhhh, "foliage."
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:43 am

Maria Samms wrote:
Stuart Yaniger wrote: Only if you call a chemical factory in New Jersey a "farm."

HEY HEY HEY...New Jerseyian here! Heck, Stuart, we ARE the Garden State :lol:

And there's some prime beach-front property for sale just outside Oklahoma City if you get tired of the "Garden State". :lol:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
Previous