Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Singapore Restaurant Recommendations Requested ...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cam Wheeler

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed May 17, 2006 7:01 pm

Sydney, Australia

Singapore Restaurant Recommendations Requested ...

by Cam Wheeler » Wed May 07, 2008 7:39 am

While searching for information, someone on another forum recommended asking here, so I hope someone may be able to help.

I will be heading to Singapore for a brief holiday in June and as well as plenty of hawker style meals (can't wait!), I was hoping to visit some of the higher level establishments this time around, being around 15 years since I was last there I am not sure where to try.

I've booked Au Jardin for lunch and I think I'll likely go to Iggy's (for lunch probably as well). I would appreciate any further recommendations in addition to, or instead of these options please.
no avatar
User

ScottD

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Singapore Restaurant Recommendations Requested ...

by ScottD » Mon May 12, 2008 9:59 am

This isn't first hand experience, mind you. From another board that I frequent, and from someone who's opinion I would seek out if I were going to be in Singapore, as that's where he lives.

I don't eat that often in fancy restaurants,... and i'm a vegetarian so maybe my preferences are biased in that direction.

I've eaten at one called Blu which is in the Shangri La Hotel that is quite good.

Indochine is pretty good and has a few nice locations (3 that I can think of - Club Street, Boat Quay, and Clarke Quay)

There is a restuarant on the top floor of the Swissotel called Equinox that gives a great view of the city along with your meal.

China Club is another one that comes to mind.

For a more normal dining experience, I'm a fan of Crystal Jade La Mian Long Xiao Bao.

Taken with the proverbial grain of salt.
no avatar
User

Cam Wheeler

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed May 17, 2006 7:01 pm

Sydney, Australia

Re: Singapore Restaurant Recommendations Requested ...

by Cam Wheeler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Thank you Scott.