Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

What are you cooking for Memorial Day?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

Re: What are you cooking for Memorial Day?

by Jo Ann Henderson » Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 am

Robert Reynolds wrote:Ribeyes and a half-bottle of brand spankin' new Zinfandel from my first try at home winemaking. Bottled about an hour ago. :D

Welcome to the club, Robert. Nothing like home made. You're gonna love the product. It's always better than anything you can buy. Just ask Howie. He's a veteran (he even makes champagne)! Welcome to the club!
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Dave R

Rank

On Time Out status

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

by Dave R » Tue May 27, 2008 12:08 pm

I went the cross-cultural healthy route this year. Grilled turkey with a tequila, lime and cilantro marinade, veggie salad with an Asian ginger sesame dressing, roasted baby red potatoes with light sour cream and Penzey's Fox Point and corn on the cob with a little butter and a light dusting of grated parmesan-regiano.

What a mutt of a meal!
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up cars and making 'em function.
no avatar
User

Maria Samms

Rank

Picky Eater Pleaser

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Morristown, NJ

by Maria Samms » Tue May 27, 2008 6:33 pm

I did some BBQ baby back ribs and a beer can chicken on my kooker for Memorial day! It was lots of fun and the ribs were outstanding, I must say (thanks Bob H for the great tips!)
"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance" -Benjamin Franklin
Previous