Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

French butter dish

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Re: French butter dish

by Larry Greenly » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 am

Okay. We'll settle this in the parking lot. :x
no avatar
User

MikeH

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 pm

Cincinnati

by MikeH » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 am

Larry Greenly wrote:Okay. We'll settle this in the parking lot. :x

LOL!!! Wow, I was just making a comment. :wink: I know a lot of people consume (or used to consume) bread and butter with every dinner. So putting the butter dish on the table is the answer for them. We are not in that group which is why we need a butter dish like this in the first place......we don't go through a stick all that fast. I'd guess 90+% of our butter consumption is on toast. So the butter bell ends up near the toaster.
Cheers!
Mike
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 am

Okay, but don't mess with me. :mrgreen: Arrgh. I have a black belt in tofu, and I have too much crap on the counter.
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:37 am

Well, Bob, we're all waiting to hear about your new butter bell....
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

Larry Greenly wrote:Well, Bob, we're all waiting to hear about your new butter bell....

It should arrive today Larry.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:My cousin gave me a French butter dish--the one that uses water to keep the butter spreadable and fresh. Anyone else use one? And how do you like it?

Larry, Amazon dot.com delivered mine today. I ordered porcelain, but got stone ware which is more expensive, I filled it with a stick of unsalted butter and left it on the table. I will try it for breakfast tomorrow. directions say to change the water every three days, which doesn't seem like a large chore.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:Larry, Amazon dot.com delivered mine today. I ordered porcelain, but got stone ware which is more expensive, I filled it with a stick of unsalted butter and left it on the table. I will try it for breakfast tomorrow. directions say to change the water every three days, which doesn't seem like a large chore.

The wife ad I went out for B-Fast today so, I lied about trying it today. I will be up at 5am Sunday, and I can easily do a slice (or two) of whole wheat toast with butter from the French Butter Bell.
Bob Henrick
Previous