Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Top Chef--the final four

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Top Chef--the final four

by Jenise » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Just watched the last episode of Top Chef. YAY, SPIKE'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He so deserved to leave. And it was a great episode, a perfect challenge in which each chef was pretty much self-contained and individually evaluated. Loved Richard's "Vitello Trumanto". Ingenious twist, great looking dish.

Interesting that the finale's in Puerto Rico, of all places. Wonder what's going on there (if anything) that made PR a logical locale? Should be interesting.

Is there anyone who thinks that Lisa won't be the next to leave?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

Re: Top Chef--the final four

by Robert Reynolds » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:17 pm

If she continues to cook and act as she has so far, Lisa will be the next to exit. 8)
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: Top Chef--the final four

by Carrie L. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I've purposely not looked at this thread (thanks for not putting a spoiler in the subject, Jenise! :D ) since I had not had the chance to watch the last episode until just now. I too loved the challenges. Great TV!! (I had to take away and hide Cooper's favorite squeaky toy just so I could hear every word.) Lisa and Spike were definitely both the weakest, but of the two, at least Lisa showed a little innovation (although I would never want to meet up with her in a dark alley.) I'm looking forward to the next three episodes beginning tonight! I really like Stephanie. Always seems to play fair and doesn't get frazzled.

I wish I had one of those perfectly crusted lollipop ribeyes for my dinner tonight! Antonia's from the quickfire looked incredible.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)