Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Hell's Kitchen

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Hell's Kitchen

by Larry Greenly » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:23 am

Well, Matt finally got the boot and left without a fingertip. He was a scary dude. I always thought he might go postal.

I've never seen such a bunch of incompetents as this season. I wonder if they'd succeed in a McRestaurant.
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: Hell's Kitchen

by Carrie L. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 pm

I only watched it one time--the episode where he lost the fingertip. Could not stand the show. I came away with no sympathy for any of the participants. Nor did I gain anything as far as technique or thought processes behind various creations. I think Top Chef is a much better production.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Larry, do you think they deliberately looked for incompetents because that would make better television, or do you think there are just fewer dipshits in the genepool at this point who will submit themselves to the abuse?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm positive it's the former. Just look at the mix and all the opposing personalities, sizes and experiences. And look at how long Ramsey keeps some of the super-losers hanging on--it's showbiz. But I've never seen such losers as this year. Still, I get my yucks out of watching them.

I wonder if they have some security goons just out of sight of the camera ready to shoot anyone who touches Ramsey. Actually, it's a shame it's bleeped. I'd like to get the full effect. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Dave R

Rank

On Time Out status

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

by Dave R » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Carrie L. wrote:I only watched it one time--the episode where he lost the fingertip. Could not stand the show.

I only watched the first two episodes of series one and would not watch additional episodes/seasons because I did not learn anything constructive about cooking, most of the "chefs" were incompetent and I cannot derive any pleasure or satisfaction from watching a boorish person hollering at people and constantly degrading them on a minute to minute basis.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up cars and making 'em function.
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am

That's nice. I enjoy it.