Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Lotus of Siam

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen Ellis

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Memphis, TN

Lotus of Siam

by Karen Ellis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm going to be in Las Vegas later this month with a group and am looking to go to LoS. I tried to call tonight to make a reservation and got a "call failed" for the number that's on their website and also in yellowpages.com: 702-735-3033. :(

Any of you have a better number? And any suggestions for what I should order? I love spicy. Tom Yum Kai is one of my faves; I'm not a vegetarian, but do love Thai dishes with tofu and don't miss the meat at all. I am not particularly squeamish, though, and octopus is not off-putting to me. I notice a *lot* of catfish on the menu; is that a hint? (I like catfish.)

HELP!!
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

Re: Lotus of Siam

by John Tomasso » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 pm

there's been problems reported with getting through by phone.
keep trying....
Make sure to have the crispy rice and sour sausage. I had a great sea bass dish there last visit.

I like to just tell them to send stuff out - you get a nice representation of what the kitchen can do that way.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 pm

John Tomasso wrote:there's been problems reported with getting through by phone.
keep trying....
Make sure to have the crispy rice and sour sausage. I had a great sea bass dish there last visit.

I like to just tell them to send stuff out - you get a nice representation of what the kitchen can do that way.

100% agreed. But get three orders of the crispy rice and sour sausage. One to eat there, two to go.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen Ellis

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Memphis, TN

by Karen Ellis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:00 pm

John, thanks so much! :) Crispy rice? Whazzat? Sour sausage? What's not to like about sausage? And sea bass! YUM! I'll be with a bunch of people. How do I go about ordering chef's choice? Can I trust the server? (More than that, can I trust my tablemates? They're fellow FAs, and we are notorious for helping ourselves to each other's plates.)
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Karen, your situation lends itself to the best kind of dining at LOS. A table full of people (provided they're not PITA picky eaters) will allow for much cross sampling, so you can try more dishes.
Just tell the server to delight you - you can trust them completely.
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"