Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

TTN: BIO Ambootia FF FTGFOP1, Li Zi Xiang

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

TTN: BIO Ambootia FF FTGFOP1, Li Zi Xiang

by Saina » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:20 pm

BIO Ambootia FF FTGFOP1 is a first flush Darjeeling (India). Like all FFs it has a lovely freshness and is very aromatic - lovers of green tea will probably like this also. The palate has the tannic bite of black tea, but again the acidic freshness of green tea. This tea was first class, perfectly balanced.

Li Zi Xiang is one of Chinas greatest green teas. It comes from Guangdong. With all the typical green tea aromas there is a curious scent of savoury sweetness: a paradoxical scent certainly but one which brings a very memorable twist to the tea. The palate is also perfectly balanced with a hint of the exotic sweetness of the nose noticable. Lovely stuff!

-Otto-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TTN: BIO Ambootia FF FTGFOP1, Li Zi Xiang

by Jenise » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 pm

a curious scent of savoury sweetness

Otto, I wonder if this tea was similar to one poured me at a tea tasting room in Vancouver recently. I noted something similar in one of the teas poured me, one they called "Emporer's tea", and upon my remarking about it I was told that some added ginseng was responsible. I asked if the emporer was Chin, who was obsessed with immortality and whose intake of mercury in pursuit of that is instead what killed him. She didn't know, she just gave a rather amusing explanation of "many people like" that made me think she had found the sweetness of particular appeal to non-Chinese. She was in fact rather amazed that my friends preferred a smoky, ged Pu-Erh while I went gaga for a high mountain green tea that smelled of gardenias. [/quote]
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov