Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Attn: Jenise--It's green chile time

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Attn: Jenise--It's green chile time

by Larry Greenly » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:38 am

I got you a sack of Big Jim green chiles--my favorite. They're medium hot and you'll soon see why they're called Big Jim. Try a few as chile rellenos. (And if you ever find any Peter Peppers, you'll see why they have that name.) http://personal.ecu.edu/wuenschk/PeterPeppers.htm

Green chile is almost a religion here. Wendy's and other burger joints have green chile cheeseburgers. And pizza joints all have green chile as a selection.

I'm not making this up: did you know the official New Mexico question is, "Red or green?" When I can't make up my mind, I ask for "Christmas Style," which is both.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Attn: Jenise--It's green chile time

by Jenise » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Larry, did you get my email yesterday morning?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:18 pm

Your chile will arrive Saturday. Nice looking Big Jims.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:13 am

That means you got my email. Thank you! And I'm so relieved. I was away all weekend--had left Thursday and wouldn't be home until Tuesday night--and I'd been worried about needing to contact you (you'd asked me to remind you) all weekend. I tried from Paso Robles, but couldn't get a Wi-Fi connection. Ditto in Los Olivos (we were thinking the nearby Califiornia wildfires might have had something to do with that) on Sunday night. It wasn't until Tuesday morning that I was able to email you from a landline connection in Huntington Beach, evn though it was from a conventional and cramped I-Mac keyboard which is so foreign to my ergnonomic-Microsoft accustomed hands that I can't type for $#!t even if it had all the same buttons, which it doesn't. Or spend an hour typing one key at a time, which I didn't have the time to do. But at least I got through.

Anyway, I must tell you this part, too. At Los Olivos? We stayed overnight with friends at the home of a friend of theirs wherein the male half of the couple is grew up in New Mexico and guess what they were doing when we arrive? Roasting 40 lbs of Hatch green chiles, which we helped with. That sure emphasized how badly I wanted to succeed at reaching you and setting the chile-shipping in motion. We'll have as much fun doing it here at our own home in Washington, and it will be an efficiency bonus that Bob doesn't have to divide his time between chile roasting and staring at the neighbor's fence just in case he gets a chance to personally confirm that Bo Derek is still a '10'--she lives next door to the people we stayed with.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Albuquerque, NM

by Larry Greenly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am

I-MACs are made in France. :wink:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 pm

Hey, so's Bordeaux, and I LOVE Bordeaux. But Bordeaux was made for adults, unlike the Mac keyboard. :)