Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Restaurant Le Petit Verdot, Paris

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Restaurant Le Petit Verdot, Paris

by Bob Ross » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:33 pm

Francois Vignaud, a good friend who lives in Paris, sent me this review a few days ago, Randy. Is this the same place? (I'm not sure where Vignaud got the review itself, but he said it was a great place, and thought I'd be interested in the background of the restaurant.)

Regards, Bob

52, rue de Longchamp
75016 Paris
01 56 81 08 80
Métro: Trocadéro

In Japan, Hiramatsu runs some ten high-end French cuisine cafés and restaurants. In France, Hiramatsu acquired his space from Guy Faugeron, who has retired. Even if Hiramatsu in Paris is the showcase of the group and training ground for young chefs headed back to Japan after a year or two immersed in French cuisine, the food is exceptional here. It is a light, delicate and transparent cuisine; a food whose tastes are underlined with the simple juices emanating from its preparation, aromas expressed by their contrast, and cooking respectful of textures. On the spring menu, the lobster arrives in a rich stew; but you'll have to wait until autumn for the dazzling young pigeon roasted in a honey and red wine sauce and its own liver. Hideya Ishizuka, former sommelier of the Château de Cordeillan-Bages in Pauillac, has composed an astonishing cellar.