Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Gird up your loins...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Gird up your loins...

by ChefCarey » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:56 pm

And head over here if you want to see what I've been working on. This is just a prelude to a relatively long series. A memoir, if you will.

Don't send your children. (I know that will get a couple of you scrambling over there.)

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?act=home
no avatar
User

Skye Astara

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Coastal Oregon

Re: Gird up your loins...

by Skye Astara » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:57 pm

Chef, I love your writing style. (Yes, I admit I have not seen any of your books yet)

What is that picture of? It looks to me, to be donuts being sawed in half? lol I can't figure it out for some reason...
For the scientist, as for the poet, there are as many levels of wonder in the silent beat of a butterfly wing as in the howl of a wolf.
-Douglas H. Chadwick.
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:20 pm

Skye Astara wrote:Chef, I love your writing style. (Yes, I admit I have not seen any of your books yet)

What is that picture of? It looks to me, to be donuts being sawed in half? lol I can't figure it out for some reason...

Thanks, Skye. Yes, that's exactly what it is. I sawed my thumb in the table saw and worked in my stepfather's bakery with the whorehouse on the second story.. :)

They asked me what I'd like to see in the graphic for part two. I told them the Eiffel Tower, a motorcycle, an SLR camera and a sculpture of a giant bronze worm. All those things will appear in the next segment. :)
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:11 pm

>Yes, I admit I have not seen any of your books yet)

You and approximately 6 billion other folks.