Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Recipe report: Bill's chantarelles braised in cream

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Recipe report: Bill's chantarelles braised in cream

by Jenise » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Now, mind you, that's not what he called it (I think there was something about sex in the name he used), but it would be the right name for the dish.

I decided to do this recipe because it dawned on me that this method would nail the mushroom dish I mentioned in another thread having had in Switzerland 20 years ago. It was my very first experience with chantarelles ever, and I have longed for that taste ever since. So I followed his instructions exactly, though I used just a scant teaspoon of masala curry seasoning as well. To serve, I folded the mixture inside buckwheat crepes that I'd just made and paired them with a a vegetable side dish of brussels sprouts roasted with lardons of bacon and whole cloves of garlic. A salad of fresh escarole, bibb lettuce and fresh mint in dijon vinaigrette started the meal, and a bottle of Copain pinot noir was our wine.

It was a perfect dinner straight out of a Paris bistro. Excellent. Thanks, Bill!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: Recipe report: Bill's chantarelles braised in cream

by Cynthia Wenslow » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:15 pm

What a fantastic-sounding dinner. Thanks, Jenise!

(Now I am drooling all over my desk. Not attractive. )