Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

bone in center cut pork roast

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

bone in center cut pork roast

by Bob Henrick » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:48 pm

I remember buying a whole pork loin from a local butcher some months ago. I cut 1/3 of the roast into centercut chops, and they are long gone. I cut one third into boneless chops about 1.25 inches thick. They too are long gone. I forgot all about the other third, until yesterday. OK, I took it out of the freezer, thawed it in the fridge last night and today until about 3pm today. with it thawed, I used the last of my 3 liter jug of Bertolli EVOO, a handfull of Kosher salt, and about 2T of fresh course ground black pepper. I had a couple chunks of hickory that had been soaking for a couple days, and thought why not. The kamado, which henceforth will be known as the K, had some leftover hardwood lump charcoal in the hopper, so I started it to glowing, and placed the two fist size hickory chunks onto the coals. Put the S&P'D pork onto the grill, oiled two medium sized potatoes for baking, inserted the remote monitoring thermometer to 155 degrees internal, plugged it into the meat, and sat back and waited. None of you know my wife, to whom food is fuel, nothing more, nothing less. I finally had to go to the computer room, shut the door and type this to escape her raving about that pork loin! :) 8) :wink:
Last edited by Bob Henrick on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: bone in center cut pork roast

by Jenise » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 pm

That's pretty cool, Bob. So what are you doing tonight for an encore?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: bone in center cut pork roast

by Bob Henrick » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:18 pm

I do not think there will be anything tonight Jenise. Thursday is my daughter's day off work. She, my wife, and the 2 year old usually go out shopping and to a late lunch. Thursday is usually my day to forage thru the leftovers.
Bob Henrick