Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

My supermarket excitement

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

My supermarket excitement

by Larry Greenly » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:35 pm

When I reached the checkout counter today with some good deals, I realized the frequent shopper card had fallen off my keychain. I showed up at the customer service center to get another one and was told to move over one window to fill out an application.

When I moved over with my cart, the edge of one of the wheels caught a top-heavy cardboard display filled with DVDs. Crash! It was my fault, but I really do hate displays all over the place, particularly in the middle of aisles where they make it impossible for two shoppers to pass each other.

On the other hand, I perused the display of beef baby back ribs, using my patented search method. I discovered a long time ago that, occasionally, the clerk pricing multiple meat products neglects to change the base price from a previous product or weighs the first few items incorrectly.

Sure enough. I spied a $1.73 package amongst all the $6-8 ones. The label said it weighed 0.87 lbs, but it was really 4 lbs. Being the upstanding citizen that I am, I purchased it for $1.73. Whoo hoo!