Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

My lunch at Bouchon:)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

My lunch at Bouchon:)

by Jenise » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Unfortunately, I got a bit too carried away with the meal to record it properly. :)

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Frank Deis

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 pm

NJ

Re: My lunch at Bouchon

by Frank Deis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

I really like the Bouchon cookbook -- and the Bibb Lettuce Salad is something we've made a few times.

We ate at the (original?) Bouchon when we were in the Napa area (is it Yountville?). Ordered some of the things I like to make like the Salmon Rillettes just to check that it tasted like what I had been making. It did. Very nice meal, very relaxed atmosphere, non stratospheric pricing.

Glad you enjoyed it too!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: My lunch at Bouchon

by Jenise » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 pm

This was the Bouchon in Vegas, (it's housed at the Venetian). The room is gorgeous, and as you can see here the feeling that you're in Lyon, not Vegas, is genuine the minute you step in the door.

I ordered the salad for the same reason you ordered the Rilettes--love the recipe and just had to have the real deal not made by me. The chicken and waffles was my dish too--Bob laughed. "Do you realize," he asked, "that this is the first time I've ever seen you order, let alone eat, a waffle?" True. And I loved it--but that's because it wasn't sweet, though they also provided me with a sweet syrup in case I preferred that. No way! And you're right about the prices. We ordered a half carafe of the Stolpman sauv blanc listed on the 'Vins de Carafe' chalkboard with provided us each with a good glass and a half, and also had the waitress box up a bunch of pastries from the adjacent Patisserie for us to take to the friends we were travelling to Havasu to visit that afternoon. Before tip, our bill was just $120.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov