Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

High end stoves you can communicate with electronically?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

High end stoves you can communicate with electronically?

by Jenise » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 am

My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: High end stoves you can communicate with electronically?

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 pm

I bet! Wow, those are beautiful stoves, aren't they? Big price too. I heard a family therapist yesterday speaking about all the neuro prosthetics in our society now, which are doing so much of the thinking for us. He spoke of exposing children to tablets and smart phones at such an early age, and they are loosing their ability to be creative like we were when young. We made up games, made things to play with like mud, blankets to build forts in the house on rainy days, which kept us active, toned and slim and thinking of what to come up with next.
I think I 'd like to do my own thinking when it comes to cooking or storing food in the fridge. Frankly, at our ages, there is no way I would pay those prices for a stove, even though they are stunning. Lots of gadgets means more things to go wrong with them and I wonder if the service crews are being trained to take care of it all, when so many of the service guys are of a generation that has a hard time with a smart phone.