Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

She just won't go away

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

She just won't go away

by Jenise » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm

From Toronto's Globe and Mail:

Celebrity cook Paula Deen, whose career was derailed after she admitted using racial slurs, is going digital.Paula Deen Ventures, a new company formed to help launch a comeback for Deen, announced plans Wednesday for the creation of the Paula Deen Network. The paid subscription-based network is set to launch in September and will be accessible by computer, smartphone or tablet. The network will feature daily programming in an unscripted format with new recipes, episodes and cooking tools.

“We’re going to have so much fun being together and cooking up some wonderful new and classic dishes,” Deen said in a news release. “Y’all can get my recipes, tips and cooking anytime you want — this is for you. I can’t wait to crank up the oven and get cooking for the people I love: my family, my friends and my fans!”

Production for the network began last month at a new studio in Savannah that has been designed to look like the set of her first television show, “Paula’s Home Cooking.” The set was built to accommodate a live studio audience, and guest appearances are planned.

The announcement of the digital network is the latest step in a comeback strategy Deen kicked off in February when she announced a deal with the Najafi Companies, an Arizona-based private investment firm that’s putting millions into rebooting her public career.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: She just won't go away

by Mike Filigenzi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:24 pm

I have a hard time she'll get enough people to pay for this to make it successful. I know she has some hardcore fans, but she'll need a LOT of hardcore fans for this to work.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: She just won't go away

by Jenise » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm with you. Just consider how much trouble Oprah is having making a free channel work, and she has 45 bazillion more believers than Paula Deen ever thought of having.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov