Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Poor Man's Jambalaya is GO

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Poor Man's Jambalaya is GO

by Paul Winalski » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Whole Foods opened a store in Nashua NH last week. Saves me a 45-minute drive to Bedford MA. Unlike the Massachusetts stores it has a wine and beer section, which I will have to check out.

I drove up to North Country Smokehouse in Claremont NH this morning and bought a bunch of tasso and andouille sausage. My previous tasso source was K-Paul's in New Orleans, and I haven't had any in the house for ages. So this weekend I'm going to make Poor Man's Jambalaya from Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen cookbook for the first time in a long while.

-Paul W.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Poor Man's Jambalaya is GO

by Jenise » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Oh lovely. So glad you have yet one more source nearish you for good supplies. Whole Foods takes a lot of slamming for their prices, but the bounty of things you can get under one roof that are hard to find anywhere else for some of us in certain locales makes cost a much lesser consideration.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: Poor Man's Jambalaya is GO

by Paul Winalski » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 am

Jenise, yes, that's my take on Whole Paycheck as well. I will continue to do most of my shopping at the Market Basket supermarket down the road (once it's back in operation, now that the management dispute has been settled). But there are a lot of things that Whole Foods carries that can't be found anywhere else in this part of the state.

-Paul W.