Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Turkey Cordon Bleu?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Turkey Cordon Bleu?

by Jenise » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:26 pm

TurkeyCordonBleu.jpg

Would never have thought of it. BUT I love that photo! The sauce, btw, is a marsala-butter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Re: Turkey Cordon Bleu?

by John F » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:50 am

Jenise wrote:
TurkeyCordonBleu.jpg

Would never have thought of it. BUT I love that photo! The sauce, btw, is a marsala-butter.

Yummy…. Where is that from?
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:01 am

Short answer: from someone's Facebook page.

Long answer: once upon a time when I lived in Huntington Beach, my favorite checker at Ralph's Grocery Store was this guy named Mike. Never knew anything about him, but I would purposefully choose his lane because the repartee was always so good and I'd leave smiling. Later friends of mine in Long Beach got married and we went to the wedding which was in their back yard. And there, doing the food for them, was Mike the Checker. More fun. Haven't seen him since we moved to Washington 20 years ago. Then out of the blue he friended me on Facebook yesterday. I never even knew his last name. Turns out he's gay and we have another gay friend in common, and he recognized my name on the other guy's feed. This was something he made and posted about.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Makes me think... Turkey Kyiv... it's a lot of butter but is that so bad? :D
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:35 pm

Can you imagine making a giant one, and using one of those whole pound blocks?
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:15 pm

Take an awful lot of oil to fry the thing, though....
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

by Paul Winalski » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:03 pm

You'd probably need one of those turkey deep-fry setups.

-Paul W.
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

by John F » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:06 am

Jenise wrote:Short answer: from someone's Facebook page.

Long answer: once upon a time when I lived in Huntington Beach, my favorite checker at Ralph's Grocery Store was this guy named Mike. Never knew anything about him, but I would purposefully choose his lane because the repartee was always so good and I'd leave smiling. Later friends of mine in Long Beach got married and we went to the wedding which was in their back yard. And there, doing the food for them, was Mike the Checker. More fun. Haven't seen him since we moved to Washington 20 years ago. Then out of the blue he friended me on Facebook yesterday. I never even knew his last name. Turns out he's gay and we have another gay friend in common, and he recognized my name on the other guy's feed. This was something he made and posted about.

Jenise…. That story is simply amazing… I could ask you - say - a million? - follow ons? Thank you for sharing