Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Air Fryers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Air Fryers

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:10 pm

I ordered an air fryer yesterday, I have waited a long time, listening and watchig and they did not impress me until they came out with the ones shaped more like a toaster oven. I ordered it yesterday and it is arriving tomorrow. My friend, who has the same one I ordered has had it for over a year now. She loves it and told me they use it for almost everything. Even her kids use it to make good lunches for themselves. Anyone else here have one....thoughts?
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Air Fryers

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:08 pm

I don't have one but I'm listening.... :lol:
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

by Christina Georgina » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:53 am

Same here, listening. I balk at single use gizmos and I don’t keep appliances on the counter so I’ve resisted. Do tell.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:33 am

I too do not allow appliances to live on the counter top, so no air fryer here. And the commercials haven't helped--I've sat through Emeril's infomercial and I do not want to eat or replicate the food he demonstrates. There's another where they lift a "a whole chicken!" out of one but it's tantamount to false advertising--that bird is the size of a cornish game hen. Other than zapping a batch of Tater Tots from time to time, I'm just not sure what I'd use it for.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:56 am

I don't have appliances on my counters either, as I like a nice clean look, but I do have two appliance garages, and I measured the one I keep my toaster in, and it looks like the Air Fryer will fit, This one, from what my friend told me is also an oven, toaster, roaster, fryer and rotisserie. She has three boys and it fits a good size chicken.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RX9JQGN?ps ... ct_details
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:41 pm

Check out the Used options! They are not used at all, they're brand new in the Amazon warehouse but the packaging got lightly damaged, which is a real so-what. You can save $30 or so.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov