Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Stick blender

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Stick blender

by Jeff Grossman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:04 pm

The size of a jackhammer! First spotted at 3:25 but it gets used around 3:45 (and several times thereafter):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha72w0XdiUg

Of course, now I want latkes for dinner!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Stick blender

by Jenise » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:50 pm

Also called a Boat Motor, useful in pro kitchens as well as on construction sites to mix small batches of concrete. The latter, in fact, might be the original use it was designed for.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:47 pm

I shouldn't post this or Jenise will want to find a home for one, but.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAWdPYDquU

PS - I spent a summer between years in university working my way through school by working at a soap factory. They used even larger stick blenders and big vats to turn recycled fats and other components into luxury soaps (it was interesting work as I was working on a BSc in chemistry (and biology) at the time. They bought used cooking oils and other surplus fats and turned them into rather nice soaps.by adding scent to them and setting them as hand soaps.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:59 pm

Jenise wrote:Also informally known as a Boat Motor, used in pro kitchens as well as on construction sites to mix small batches of concrete. The latter, in fact, might be the original use it was designed for.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov