Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Food Challenge TV

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Food Challenge TV

by Bill Spohn » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Some of the foodie game shows on TV are interesting and some are just silly but I am watching a new one called 24 in 24 Last Chef Standing, with Michael Symon where 24 chefs, many of which those who watch food TV will know, are competing for a straight 24 hours with one being eliminated at each stage and the winner taking home $50K. Think I'll keep watching this one! (First episode at least is a 2 hour show).
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Food Challenge TV

by Jenise » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 pm

Haven't even heard of it. What channel?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:33 am

Bill Spohn wrote:Some of the foodie game shows on TV are interesting and some are just silly but I am watching a new one called 24 in 24 Last Chef Standing, with Michael Symon where 24 chefs, many of which those who watch food TV will know, are competing for a straight 24 hours with one being eliminated at each stage and the winner taking home $50K. Think I'll keep watching this one! (First episode at least is a 2 hour show).

A couple of weeks ago The Kitchen on Food Network had a guest chef who was partnering with Michael Symon on that 24 Chefs and 24 hours show. She was being interviewed by the cast of The Kitchen. It sounded rather crazy to me and I got the impression Zakarian thought so too. I think that would be exhausting.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:14 pm

Just learned that there's a show called Top Chef Duels that just started running on the Peacock channel. Wolfgang Puck and Curtis Stone are judges. Don't know anything else but just throwing this out there.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm

Jenise wrote:Haven't even heard of it. What channel?

It is on the Food channel up here and the next episode is this coming Sunday.