Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Great dessert

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Coming to a store near you.

Great dessert

by Robert J. » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Yesterday I went to lunch with my Mom. We split this fantastic dessert: Milk Chocolate and Curry Semifreddo on a light Almond Wafer with Coconut Tapioca and Passion Fruit Coulis.

I couldn't imagine the chocolate and the curry together but they worked really well; a nice, exotic heat to the round, full flavor of the milk chocolate. The coconut and passion fruit flavors really brought everything together in the mouth quite nicely. Yum.

rwj
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Great dessert

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Okay, I'll bite! What restaurant? :)
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Robert J. wrote:I couldn't imagine the chocolate and the curry together

Robert, one of my favorite combinations is dark chocolate and habanero chiles. Yum! And I can buy a commercial hot fudge sauce here that has habanero powder in it. FANTASTIC over vanilla ice cream.... or straight out of the jar! :oops:
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

by Robert J. » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Okay, I'll bite! What restaurant? :)

Fino. It is a Mediterranean restaurant that does a brisk business here in town. The owner and executive chef is Emmit (sp?) Fox. I believe that his wife, Lisa, is the pastry chef. They have another Italian place in town called Asti. They may even have one more, I'm not sure.

rwj
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

by Robert J. » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:
Robert J. wrote:I couldn't imagine the chocolate and the curry together

Robert, one of my favorite combinations is dark chocolate and habanero chiles. Yum! And I can buy a commercial hot fudge sauce here that has habanero powder in it. FANTASTIC over vanilla ice cream.... or straight out of the jar! :oops:

Cynthia, I LOVE dark chocolate and chiles. I have never had it with habaneros but it sounds divine. What is the name of the sauce you buy in the jar?

rwj
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:one of my favorite combinations is dark chocolate and habanero chiles. Yum!

Dark chocolate and chipotles go together mighty well, too ... 8)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:10 pm

Not an intuitive combination to me, but I won a foo-foo chocolate-curry bar in a raffle once and it was a lot better than I expected it to be, I'll admit. [/list]
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robert J.

Rank

Wine guru

by Robert J. » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:03 am

Jenise wrote:Not an intuitive combination to me, but I won a foo-foo chocolate-curry bar in a raffle once and it was a lot better than I expected it to be, I'll admit. [/list]

This is exactly how I felt about it, Jenise. The combination was not intuitive but was much better than I expected. I'm still thinking about it...like a good poem.

rwj