Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

The Bitter Barista

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

The Bitter Barista

by Jenise » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Seattle barrista Matt Watson got fired on Tuesday when his boss at All City Coffee found out that he was the blogger behind The Bitter Barista, a humorous and satirical (yeah, but just how much?) us against them kind of website on which he vents frustration with his customers who are not always the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

Reading through the posts, I had to admit feeling both amused and irked. Amused because even as another customer I sometimes feel the way he does, but irked because his is the superiority a lot of people in service jobs feel toward the clients who don't have to take on service jobs.

Pretty entertaining nonetheless.

http://bitterbarista.com/
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: The Bitter Barista

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 pm

There's some funny stuff in there. I have to think that the attitude displayed on the website couldn't have come out with customers or he'd have been fired way before his boss found out about the blog.

Having worked in restaurants, I can very much understand where his humor comes from.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am

I think that, if anything, a barrista who can be polite and civil to his customers despite the thoughts expressed in his blog would be someone that I'd want to hang onto. At the very least, he's showing a high degree of professionalism and it's likely that he's bright enough to end up in a management position.

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 pm

That is one addictive website. I couldn't stop reading his quips! Laughing out loud the whole time.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)