Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

I'm going to sue

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

I'm going to sue

by Jenise » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 pm

So last night I served my guests the onion 'cappucino' I made earlier in the week, the name derived from pureeing the soup adding espresso powder for an interesting richness and a dollop of sour cream. That idea came from a Eureka moment that occurred when I tasted the then-conventional onion soup I had on the stove shortly after having a small piece of the espresso-flavored coffee cake I'd made that morning.

In other words, it was 100% my own original idea.

So last night one of my guests said, "So you got this from Cooks Illustrated!" No, I said, why would you think that? She, thinking I was feigning innocence, said, "Cuz we saw it on their show today!"

Going to have to tear the kitchen apart today and destroy the Kimball Cam. :twisted:
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Bowlin

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 am

Re: I'm going to sue

by Mike Bowlin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:59 pm

I would not care where anyone cooking for me gets the idea or recipe. Someone on the cable channels says ' If it looks good, eat it!"
I'll bet that soup is a killer.
Thanks,
Mike
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Did you look up the episode of the show and check on this? It could be that one of their spotters saw your recipe and they decided to do something similar. This site is how I was contacted by All-Clad to do some testing for a new line of pans. Food shows, magazines, etc. are always looking for testers and new ideas for recipes.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Did you look up the episode of the show and check on this? It could be that one of their spotters saw your recipe and they decided to do something similar. This site is how I was contacted by All-Clad to do some testing for a new line of pans. Food shows, magazines, etc. are always looking for testers and new ideas for recipes.

No, they couldn't have filmed it in time. Just a great idea that, coincidentally, they and I had completely independent of each other.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov