Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Oven dried tomato appetizer

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Oven dried tomato appetizer

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Baguette sour dough with a smear of basil, lemon, macadamia nut pesto, baby lettuce leaf, dried tomato with fresh oregano vinaigrette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: Oven dried tomato appetizer

by Redwinger » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Karen-
Very nice. I could eat that!
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:16 am

Yum...couldn't you live on bruschetta? (Or if in France, tartines?) Bites of intense flavor delivered on a piece of crusty fresh bread. One can put so much intensity into it, as you did, Karen. Looks fabulous!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

Jenise wrote:Yum...couldn't you live on bruschetta? (Or if in France, tartines?) Bites of intense flavor delivered on a piece of crusty fresh bread. One can put so much intensity into it, as you did, Karen. Looks fabulous!

Yes, I love it. No crusty bread for me that night...usually I like to crisp it up a bit and rub with fresh garlic, but this time I just cut and loaded it up. Still wonderful as I got the garlic from the pesto.